Since this ride is all on the beach, it can be accessed from a lot of different points. One can start in the area of the Westin Resort, Palmetto Dunes, Shipyard, North and South Forest Beach, and Sea Pines. This is a drinking person’s ride as it follows a route that takes the biker from one beach side bar to another….great fun. From the north you can start at the Westin beach bar and head south stopping at Coco’s, then the Marriott and Omni beach bars, next Sonesta Hotel at Shipyard, Aqua Beach Bar on North Forest Beach, then The Tiki Hut at Coligny, then on down to Sea Pines with a stop at the Beach House, and end up at South Beach at the Salty Dog.
All these places serve food as well as drinks. And you don’t need to stop at every one. If you did, and drank at every one, you would probably not make it all the way. Best you plan your own route or part thereof. Most of the stops, except for Sea Pines (they are nasty people and don’t like bikers on their property who aren’t staying in Sea Pines Plantation) are shown on the Hilton Head 360 Map. You can pick up a copy of it at many places on the island as it is a give away map. You can also go to their web site ( www.hiltonhead360.com ) and have one sent to you.
Enjoy, and don’t fall over!
Spring comes early here on Hilton Head, and it is one of the nicest times of the year to be here. The weather is warm, there are no crowds, and the bicycling is the best. If you are planning a spring break trip with family or friends, we will have discounted bicycle rental prices to offer you. Email us or call for quotes and keep an eye on our facebook page for pricing announcements.
Most people would agree that vacations are about relaxation, rejuvenation, and having plenty of fun. It’s far too easy for many people to get tangled up in that first one and never get beyond relaxing on the beach, relaxing by the pool, and relaxing in front of the large screen TV. We’re sorry to be the ones to break it to you but that is taking relaxation way too far. It’s entering the realm of laziness and that’s not how you should be spending a gorgeous vacation on Hilton Head Island!
We are suggesting the following 6 ways for you to have a heartier and healthier fun-filled vacation while you’re visiting Hilton Head Island no matter how long you plan on staying. Believe us, when you get home you’re going to feel so much better about your vacation and yourself, just knowing you were active and that you made the most of your time away!
1. Take full advantage of the bicycle rentals in Hilton Head that AAA Riding Tigers have. You can ride on the roads or ride on the beach (harder) – just get out there and ride! Did you know that bicycle riding is one of the easiest and fun ways to shed those pounds? It’s true!
2. There are plenty of nature trails all around the island. They make a great place to ride your bike, jog or walk. Be sure to check them out!
3. How about renting a canoe or kayak and exploring the channels and inlets around the island.
5. Located off of William Hilton Parkway Chaplin Community Park where you can play tennis and basketball, walk the nature trails, and bring your dog to the dog park.
6. The Island Recreation Center off Gumtree Road has plenty of things for the family to do. From a swimming pool and playground to basketball courts and tennis courts, you’re bound to have a fun day!
Take these recommendations and make the most of your vacation to Hilton Head Island on your next visit. With more than 50 miles of public pathways in the area where you can enjoy your bicycle rentals in Hilton Head there’s just no good excuse for falling asleep in your beach chair for the day. If you want even more ideas you can find our recommendations on our website. If you have questions or want to make reservations, please give us a call at 843-686-5833 or 888-371-7115 at your convenience. Happy vacationing!